Pages

Saturday 10 March 2018

YAY!! POOL DAY!!!

WALT: Work as a team

On Tuesday the 27th of february the whole school went to the lagoon pools.  I felt so relieved because I am so tired of doing my work and I need a break from work( even though we just  came back from holidays).  This was my first time going and I was really nervous because I was scared that the water might be deep and I might drown.  But it's okay because there are lifeguards and there are others that can help Phew!

We were all organized with our clothes and everything( when I mean that I mean us and the pool equipments).  YAY!! we were all ready to go.  It didn't took long to reach to our destination.  Finally we made it.  It was so boring in the bus: people were talking really loud, singing( which sounded terrible), even worse we got a big growling from the teachers.  We all got out and lined up in our classrooms and walked all the way to the entrance. 

We are inside now, I looked around and it almost remind me when I was back in Onehunga.  The swimming pool( which is obvious) , the smell, and it had a inside pool and an outside pool.  All the girls and the boys rushed into the changing rooms.  We all hurried and quickly changed.  As you all know that the girls take their time changing( which is true) , the boys on the other hand rushes to get change.  They are just like a machine.  
Dash!

Everyone all got changed.  I can't believe that the juniors got changed before us because wouldn't us seniors get changed since we don't need help from the teachers. Ee oh well then the juniors won for changing so fast.  I walked quickly with lydia to the are that we were sitting.  We came and we sat( which my swimming tog got wet before I even touched the water) and listen to what Mrs kelly( the principle) was talking about.  Mrs kelly was explaining to us to show the school values and explain some of the rules for the pools.  Then she introduced us one of the staff members of the lagoons.  She explain to us the right dress code, the rule about the slide and when you are in the swimming pool and pretty much that's it.  And she also said " have a great time"!

There was a timetable so that we each have a turn at each swimming pools.  First of the juniors went to the slides; the middle school went into the not deep pool and the seniors went to the deep pools.   Mrs Komor and Miss Aireen already sorted out what to do.  We had a teambuilding.  I was really excited for what we are going to do.  We all got split into groups .  In my groups was Tevita, Perenara, Timus, Willymae and Arizona.  This will be challenging because I haven't worked with any of these members before so this will be new to me.  We first started with some warm up. We had to run forward and run back so then your other team player can go.  First it was really diffucult as I see my friend doing it.  It was like she was floating in the air.  It was my turn.  I actually had a strategy.  My strategy was to push my arms so that it can support  while I am running( like in reality).  If you wondering " did it work", well it sort of worked.  After that when all of our team each had a turn we have another activity.  Now this time you need to do the same thing but instead of running and looking forward you have to look back and run backwards.  That was also really challenging.  We still had the Horse activity left( which you have 3 people and they need to put 1 noodle between there legs.  Most think that , that was just wrong so instead they just hold onto it.  Like me.) , The chain( together as a team, you all need to link your arms and work together to walk were mrs fepuleai) and the swimming pro competition.  In this lesson in your teams one person in a team had to do the freestyle stroke and come back and the other person goes.  Then the last one we had to back stroke to Mrs fepuleai which was hard because most of the times people keeps on bumping into each other( which I can see how).
I think that the most challenging was to stay in your own space and even try your best to put an effort in your swimming.



After that we got to have morning tea.  I really wanted to stay in but we need to have a break so then our tummy don't make that strange sound.  After that we swamped over.  This time was really fun because we get to have a free time swim.  Yes!!!!! Finally nothing to do with any swimming lesson.  Just some random swimming(well kind of).  Me and Edith, hevani, Stephany played this game " Throw it and go find it"!( which I just made up.  We will just go with it).  We took turns finding it and throwing it.  it was really tiring because you have to kick your legs and wave your arms so that you can glide under the water.

Lunch time break.  We have really enjoyed our second block of today now it is our last block.  I hope this last block would have to be a memorable day.  Now it was our turn of to go on the hydro slide.  I was really excited because this was my first time and when I look at the slide it look killer awesome!  We all walked up the stairs and waited in a long line.  Luckily I was in the front row.  The rules are to the slide is when the light is red that is a sign that you must wait.  Then when the light turns green you can finally go.  It was my turn.  I was really impatience, I really wanted to go now.  I stared at the red light.  It was almost like I was driving a car and I was in the traffics.  " Green"! Go everyone shouted from the back of me.   I pushed myself and turned around and did a pose.  I was screaming really loud that when I got of Ms Komor could hear me from down below.  I got of and she asked me " are you alright" miss came up to me.  " Yes I am alright, I was a bit scared when it got darker in the slide" I replied.

It was the last minute.  We all got out of the pools and got changed into our uniforms.  Again the juniors was already organized.  They had the school uniforms on and they had everything.  While us seniors and middle rushedly went into the changing rooms.  There was a lot of people in the girls changing room.  It was really hard to change because there wasn't enough space to change.  I found a place and got changed.  All the boys and girls all came out and lind up in there classes.  Each teacher did a roll check to see if we all got everyone.  Before we went there were some lost item which was really weird .  There were undies, a sock, towels and swimming goggles. Most of them belong to the little ones and some middle school.  As always us seniors were already organized.  Ms kelly explained if everyone had a great time and to travel back home safely.

I have really enjoyed this day:  Playing with my friends; doing team building and even best going on the slide.  I will remember this day. 
Here are some photos that Ms Komor taken at the pools!









4 comments:

  1. Greetings there Grace,

    Great job on writing a BIG HUGE reflection about our fun pool day with the whole school.It is so great to see that you have written down a lot of information for your readers to know more information about what we did but here's a little tip for the future which is to maybe but some more photos of the top middle so people can see how creative you are.
    Great Job on sharing some good information about the pool day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Grace,
    I like the way that you were able to inform me even more about our pool day, what I'm saying is I was there and I know what happened but reading your very detailed reflection informed me more about the day. I had so much fun and enjoyed reading this reflection. In the future you could try making it better by adding more photos so it stands out more because you have a really long reflection but only three photos (that's okay). Other then that this is a great reflection! Keep it up!

    - Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for both of your comments! Next time I will remember to put more images on when I am writing a long reflection.

    ReplyDelete