Pages

Thursday 22 March 2018

Writing!


WALA:  Figurative Language
SC: Write a definition that makes sense to me.

Today this afternoon we had writing.  I wasn't here for writing because we had to go to each classroom to promote about zumba.  " So we are going to start zumba tomorrow and it will be in the hall.  It is every thursday at lunch time and Edith, Grace and I will be hosting this activity" explained lydia to the classroom.  After that we continue to go to each class and explain about this activity.  It was really tiring because when we were going to each classe I always have to hold it( because I didn't want to talk because I knew I wouldn't make sense) and my hands just got tired.  And also because we had to go upstairs, down stairs and standing up for a long time.  We finally finished our last classroom.  Yes!! We are going up to class.  Phew! Finally we finished.  Then I realised I was still holding the posters.  EEEEEEEeeeeeeeee hhh I forgot about the posters!  So we went to the office( because the sala tape in class room somehow disappeared) and asked sharon for a salatape( yes we did use our manners if you asked). We already know where to put the posters.  We went to out of the hall, next to rm 4, up the stairs and on the widows that was near rm7.  We finally finished and returned the salatape to sharon.

We went up to class.  I was really nervous to go up to class because the class was so silence  you could hear a pin drop.  We went inside and I realised that all of them were writing in there books.  Then I looked at the time, it was around 12:28.  Oh, boy we have missed a lot of stuff!( which I wished to stay).  Ms komor was still explaining about figurative language.  I saw in the whiteboard that for today we are learning 2 language features.  It was Hyperbole and Alliteration.  Well first of all I have heard these 2  language features before.  Secondly I have no idea what they mean!  I went up to ms komor to ask for a piece of paper.  When I got up to her, I was really nervous.  I had no idea why I was really nervous but I think it's  because how I was standing in front of the class( which was a lot of students).  For some reason I was giggling hard out when I was asking for the  paper with the examples of the hyperbole and the Alliteration.  Oh no! I felt so embarrassed!  I tried again and I got both of the  papers.  I went back to my table and continued with my work.  I was such in a rush I didn't had enough time to read the piece of paper and make my own definition of what I think( which we have to do every time) Alliteration means and what hyperbole means to me.

I started to think about.  I read the examples that as given.
Alice's aunt ate apples and acorns around August
Becky's beagle barked and bayed , becoming bothersome for billy.
So I kept on reading of the examples.  I still didn't get it so I asked hamish for help.  I asked him what  was the classrooms definition of alliteration? He replied back and said Repeating the first letter( I think that was).  So I wrote it in my book so that I will remember what it means.  Then I still have my hyperbole left.  I read the examples like I did with the alliteration.
I am so hungry I could eat a horse
I had a ton of chores to do.
I finished reading all of the examples .
I still didn't get it  so I asked leilani for some help.  She told me that the classroom came up with that hyperbole means that you over exaggerating things.  I wrote it down in my book then I started to write this reflection.  What I found challenging was that I wasn't here and I didn't quite get it.  But I asked my classmates and that solved my problem.  I really enjoyed going to each classes to present about zumba( nope I wasn't happy at all).

Thank you Leilani and Hamish for helping me.








Image result for alliteration




Image result for hyperbole







No comments:

Post a Comment