Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

Sketch Models

WALT:  Design it before we draw it.


Today in graphics we sketch a phone stand.   It was so stressful! Why?  Because we had to design without having any ideas.  I was really trying my best to figure out  what to design because I had nothing on my head.  Then Miss Ferguson told us that we can use our netbook to get some ideas.   Miss Ferguson explained to us to make a shape that can support your phone to hold it.  We also have to think about the size so that the phone (that miss ferguson created) can fit in it and can hold.  

We made the stand out of plasticine.  It felt really hard as  a rock.  We had to squeeze it to make it warm so that we can form it into  the shape that we want it to.  The tools that we used was a roller( which miss got it from  cooking) and plastic/wood knives.   It was really soft when you finish squeezing it.  It felt like dried slime( I think).  I started to play with it just to see how it feels and starting to figure out what to make.  I started to search up some phone stands and ting! My brain finally got an idea and I started to make my phone stand.

It actually turned out great and I was really proud of myself because I used my time wisely and I still kept on trying my best even though it is really hard to design it without having any thoughts.  It was really fun making this and hard at the same time.  Besides that I have really enjoy this day.


Here is my phone holder that I created:




And this photo proofs that my  phone stand can hold the phone:


No comments:

Post a Comment